Hell is an experiment you can’t survive In the remote mountains of Colorado, horrors wait inside Mount Massive Asylum. A long-abandoned home for the mentally ill, recently re-opened by the “research and charity” branch of the transnational Murkoff Corporation, the asylum has been operating in strict secrecy… until now. Acting on a tip from an
(as of April 20, 2020 1:35 am GMT-0600 - Details)
Hell is an experiment you can’t survive
In the remote mountains of Colorado, horrors wait inside Mount Massive Asylum. A long-abandoned home for the mentally ill, recently re-opened by the “research and charity” branch of the transnational Murkoff Corporation, the asylum has been operating in strict secrecy… until now.
Acting on a tip from an anonymous source, as an independent journalist you must break into the facility, and what you’re about to discover walks a terrifying line between science and religion, nature and something else entirely. Your only hope of escape lies with the terrible truth at the heart of Mount Massive.
Outlast is a true survival horror experience which aims to show that the most terrifying terrors of all come from the human mind.
“…what (Outlast) can definitely claim to be is a great game… It’ll also intrigue, terrify and surprise you. Outlast is not an experiment in how games can be scary, it’s an exemplification…” – Rock Paper Shotgun
“Outlast is the perfect nightmare. …it’s absolutely petrifying. I love it”4.5/5 – Joystiq
PC Minimum System Requirements:PC Recommended System Requirements:Processor: 2.2 GHz Dual Core CPURAM: 2 GBHard Disk: 5 GBVideo Card: 512 MB NVIDIA GeForce 9800GTX / ATI Radeon HD 3xxx seriesSupported OS: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows VistaAdditional Requirements: ** 32-bit systems are not officially supported, but should work if configured to provide 3Gb of user-mode address space.
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Sound Card: DirectX CompatibleProcessor: 2.8 GHz Quad Core CPURAM: 3 GBHard Disk: 5 GBVideo Card: 1GB NVIDIA GTX 460 / ATI Radeon HD 6850 or better
- As an investigative journalist, explore Mount Massive Asylum and try to survive long enough to discover its terrible secret… if you dare.
- True Survival Horror Experience: You are no fighter – if you want to survive the horrors of the asylum, your only chance is to run… or hide
- Real Horror: Outlast’s setting and characters are inspired by real asylums and cases of criminal insanity
- Hide and Sneak: Stealth-based gameplay, with parkour-inspired platforming elements
- Unpredictable Enemies: Players cannot know when – and from where – one of the asylum’s terrifying inhabitants will finally catch up to them
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.